Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Padoo


The past month has been extremely hard on everyone in our family as we have been coping with the loss of Chris's father and the girls Grandfather. On February 14th 2009 our beloved Padoo (aka Burt Robbins) passed away. Padoo was an amazing man and is going to be greatly missed. He had a wonderful smile and he was always smiling even though he was in a lot of pain. He wanted to serve you and make you comfortable and happy. He always had a nice thing to say about everyone and everything, very positive. He loved his wife, soul mate, Linda (Grammy) with all his heart and she always came first. She is lost without him.

Everyone is doing good and handling it as best as they can. The girls are dealing with it in their own ways. Ashlyn wants to talk about Padoo all the time. She says things like Padoo is in Heaven watching me play. Padoo is playing with Sassy. One day I will go to Heaven and see Padoo again. Too Cute! Alexis is dealing with it differently. She has not said a word about it. She cried hard several times. I have asked her if she has any questions and does she want to talk about it and she just says, "Mommy I understand everything that happened and I do not want to talk about it". I had a feeling that this was the case because Padoo was very sick and in the hospital she would never ask how he was or if was going to be OK, even though Chris left for the hospital very upset. I think she knew that it didn't look good and just didn't want to talk about it. I guess everyone deals with grief in their own ways but I worry about her bottling everything up inside. I think she would feel better if she were to talk about it. Chris is being very strong. I know that he is hurting inside and will for a long time. Only time will heal. Linda is doing good. Yes, we worry about her and think about her everyday. She has a lot to learn and to deal with but she has a huge support system. She has Stacie and so many friends and family close by that she can lean on. We love you Grammy please take care of yourself and try not to stress to much and please call me if you need anything at all!

Here is a poem I ran across that I thought was fitting!

Gone Away
© Diana Blokzyl

An Angel whispered
take my hand and
come with me
you're work here is done.

I went away to a place
where there's no tears, nor sorrow
only laughter and smiles,
there will always be a Tomorrow.

As I move amongst the clouds.
I'll look down and smile upon you,
while the angels
sing a heavenly song.

I am not alone
all who went before
are here
they awaited my return.

I know you'll grieve
and wish I was still here
I am here in the memories
you hold dear.

Remember how much
I love you
and know I took your
love with me.

I did not wish for
you to cry, nor feel sad.
My pain is gone
and I am Free!

Soon you'll come to me
until then
God will be with you
Just as He's with me.

We love you and miss you so much Padoo! You will never be forgotten!

The caringbridge page (below) is the website that Stacie has kept up with. It has a lot of information about Padoo along with some pictures. The mem.com is from the memorial service. It has some great pictures. They both have guest books to sign. Check them out! You will have to cut and paste the link.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/burtrobbins
http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=2869896

1 comment:

Misty Rice said...

Oh I had no idea. I am so sorry about this. That is very sad, and reading the part of Alexis crying hard.... made tears come to my eyes.

I can NOT imagine losing a parent at any age.... a parent that I knew and grew up knowing all my life.

I was about Alexis age when my grandfather passed away, my moms dad. I went to the funeral and I remember it to this day. I remember the way he dressed, he laugh and the coldness of his skin when i kissed him at his funeral.

Im sorry for this loss to your family....

Hugs